YB2C Live Episode 20: Making a Change in Mid-Life, Whether You Want to or Not
Welcome to Episode 20 of the YB2C Live Podcast. As you know, “YB2C” stands for Your Business, Your Brand, Creatively because we work with entrepreneurs and freelancers, mostly creative professionals and solo professionals, on branding and marketing their businesses. Every week we welcome you to listen in as we feature wonderful guests here in Detroit and around the world, who have continued their entrepreneurial journey, no matter how they started: whether they started out to be entrepreneurs or fell into being an entrepreneur. Our guests give us a great idea of how we, as entrepreneurs and freelancers, can start, grow, and maintain our own businesses.
Our special guest this week is Audra Carson, “the tire nerd”, founder of De-Tread. De-Tread is a company based out of Detroit that dedicates its time to cleaning up the streets of Detroit by reusing and recycling the large mounds of tires that have been dumped around the city.
- Audra explains that she didn’t choose De-Tread, it chose her. Audra attended college at Olivet, and originally pursued a career at MetLife as a business analyst before forming De-Tread.
- Audra was inspired by HGTV to begin cleaning up the tires that were dumped in her hometown community.
- In 2009, De-Tread was formed, focusing on health and safety in the communities of Detroit, as well as innovative new ways to use the excess of tires. Audra explains that “tread” is an acronym that stands for Tires Recycling Education Art Design.
- Audra’s second company is Izzie Logistics and Distribution. Izzie focuses on strategic beautification.
- Audra tells us that De-Tread is focused on people, profit, and planet. She hopes that through her work she will be able to create a sustainable and environmentally-minded business, that also creates jobs for the people.
Click below to listen to the Episode 20 podcast, and please check the links below for more information about our companies and our special guest this week, Audra Carson.
Audra Carson, De-Tread:
Phone: (313) 444-5715
YB2C Live on Facebook “Like Us” for more information